Release Notes for Sonos Software Version 8.6
Current software version
In this update:
- Enjoy even better sound from Playbase. The refined soundstage should feel even wider. We’ve also adjusted the EQ to ensure smoother bass, clearer TV dialogue and less pronounced high frequencies. Use Trueplay tuning to optimize Playbase for your room’s acoustics.
- It’s even easier to find the Add a new speaker option in the More tab in the Sonos app for iOS and Android.
- The Sonos app for Windows now uses HTTP for local file sharing instead of the now-deprecated SMBv1 protocol. If you’re sharing your music library with Sonos, you will be prompted after updating to complete this change.
- The Sonos app now supports the Polish language.
- If you have not finished setting up your Sonos account, you will be prompted to do so after updating. A Sonos account lets you add more speakers, get new features and safely and securely integrate with your streaming apps. Soon it will be mandatory to finish setting up your account. Learn more.
- New messaging capabilities are available within the Sonos app for Android and iOS devices.
- Reliability improvements and bug fixes.
System requirements, alerts & warnings
Minimum OS requirements
- Android 4.3 or later
- iOS 9 or later
- macOS 10.10 or later
- Windows 7 or later
Alert: Android 4.3 Is Now Partially Supported
Due to the age and technical limitations of Android 4.3, that OS version can no longer support all Sonos features. Android 4.3 devices can still browse, search and play music using the latest Sonos app. Less common tasks like adding new speakers, modifying your music services or setting up a new Sonos system require Android 4.4 or higher. See our Sonos system requirements for full details.