Software Release Notes
Current software version
Software release notes 3.1
Full support for the new Sonos ZonePlayer S5
- By upgrading to Sonos System Software 3.1, you can add the S5 to your Sonos system and continue to use your existing Sonos products. The S5 is compatible with all previous generations of Sonos ZonePlayers, Controllers, and ZoneBridges.
- Tell your friends and followers what you’re listening to on Sonos by sending Twitter updates right from your Sonos Controller.
- Start a musical conversation about the songs you love.
- Just press Info View (i) on the Now Playing screen and select Update Twitter Status. Sonos automatically populate your update with the name of the artist and track you’re listening to on Sonos and post it to your Twitter profile.
- You must be registered with Twitter to use this feature. To add your account to Sonos go to Settings > Service Setup and follow the prompts.
- Sonos supports up to 5 Twitter accounts per household.
- Available on the Sonos Controller 200, Sonos Controller for iPhone, and Sonos Controller for Mac and PC.
Graphical Music Menu
- New icons and logos on the Music Menu make choosing your music easier than ever.
- Available on the Sonos Controller 200 and Sonos Controller for iPhone.
Additional character support for metadata
The Sonos Controller 200 now displays Unicode metadata for the following kinds of characters sets:
- Simplified Chinese