You can connect an external source, such as a portable music player, to your SONOS PLAY:5. The device will be automatically detected as soon as you plug it in.
● To connect a portable music player, use the supplied 1/8" (3,5mm) stereo audio cable to plug a music player into the Audio In connection on the back of your S5.
● To connect another external source, such as a CD player, you can use a 1/8" (3,5mm) mini-stereo to RCA audio cable. Plug the mini-stereo end into the S5, and plug the RCA end into the audio outputs on the external device.
Using a handheld Sonos controller:
● To play music from this line-in source, select Line-In from the Music menu, select the source, and select Play Now.
● To change the name of this device, select Room Settings from the Settings menu. Select the Sonos component this source is connected to, and then touch Line-In Source Name. Select a new name from the list, or type a unique name.
● To change the line-in level, select Room Settings from the Settings menu. Select the Sonos component this source is connected to, and then touch Line-In Source Level. Select a new level.
Using the Sonos Controller for Mac or PC:
● To play music from this source select Line-In from the MUSIC pane, click next to the music source, and select Play Now.
● To change the settings for this device:
● Select Manage -> Settings (PC) or Sonos -> Preferences -> Room Settings (Mac).
● Select the Sonos component from the Room Settings for drop-down list.
● Click the Line-In tab and update the settings.
A default (typical) line-in level is automatically assigned when you select a source name, but if the volume sounds too low, you can select a higher line level for this device. (You may experience sound distortion at higher volume levels if you set the level too high.)
For additional information on connecting audio devices, you can go to our Web site at.
by Sonos, Inc. All rights reserved.